The River North neighborhood is a vibrant and eclectic district in Chicago that is home to some of the city’s best restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for a juicy steak or some inventive fusion cuisine, you’ll find something to satisfy your appetite in River North. Here are some of the most popular restaurants in this exciting neighborhood:
1. The Purple Pig – This acclaimed chophouse is known for its delicious meats and surprising flavor combinations. Be sure to order the crispy pig ears!
2. RPM Italian – This top-rated Italian restaurant offers classic dishes with a modern twist. Don’t miss the spaghetti alla chitarra!
3. Girl and the Goat – This wildly popular spot is known for its inventive dishes like goat empanadas and smoked pork shoulder.
4. Blackbird – This award-winning restaurant features contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients.
5. Geja’s Cafe – This cozy spot is famous for its romantic atmosphere and delicious fondue dishes.
6. Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab – This iconic Chicago restaurant is known for its fresh seafood and prime steaks.
7. Sunda – This trendy Asian fusion restaurant offers dishes like sake-marinated beef and Thai green papaya salad.
8. The Signature Room at the 95th – Enjoy breathtaking views of Chicago while dining on sumptuous American fare at this popular spot on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Center.
9. Swift & Sons – This upscale steakhouse is known for its dry-aged beef, house-made sausages, and extensive wine list.
10. Union Sushi & Barbeque Joint – This unique restaurant specializes in innovative sushi rolls and Texas-style barbeque ribs.
Benefits of eating out in a restaurant vs. cooking at home
When it comes to food, there’s nothing quite like dining out in a restaurant. With professional chefs crafting delicious dishes and attentive waitstaff serving them up, eating out is a culinary experience that can’t be beat. Plus, restaurants offer a wide variety of cuisines to choose from, so you’re sure to find something to your taste.
Cooking at home can be a lot of fun, but it’s no secret that it can also be challenging. Between sourcing the right ingredients and mastering difficult recipes, cooking can be a daunting task. Not to mention, it can be expensive to stock your kitchen with all the necessary supplies.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and hassle-free dining experience, be sure to check out one of Chicago’s many amazing restaurants!
1. The Purple Pig – Pros: Delicious meats, fun flavor combinations, crispy pig ears. Cons: Limited menu, can be expensive.
2. RPM Italian – Pros: Classic Italian dishes with a modern twist, top-rated restaurant. Cons: Can be crowded and noisy, sometimes slow service.
3. Girl and the Goat – Pros: inventive dishes, popular spot. Cons: Limited seating, can be pricey.
4. Blackbird – Pros: Contemporary American cuisine, award-winning restaurant. Cons: Can be expensive, sometimes difficult to get reservations.
5 Geja’s Cafe – Pros: Romantic atmosphere, delicious fondue dishes. Cons: Only offers fondue dishes, can be quite pricey.
6 Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab – Pros: Fresh seafood and prime steaks., iconic Chicago restaurant . Cons: Can be quite expensive,.
7 Sunda – Pro : Asian fusion cuisine with a unique spin., trendy spot .Cons :Can be Loud and crowded .
8 The Signature Room at the 95th-Pros : Breathtaking views of chicago , sumptuous American fare .Cons : Quite expensive .
9 Swift & Sons-Pros : Upscale steakhouse , extensive wine list .Cons : Limited menu options
10 Union Sushi & Barbeque Joint – Pros: Innovative sushi rolls, Texas-style barbeque ribs. Cons: Limited seating, can be quite pricey.
Сhicago river north restaurants that I recommend
If you’re looking for a great dining experience, be sure to check out Geja’s Cafe or The Signature Room at the 95th. Both of these restaurants offer delicious food and stunning views of Chicago, making them perfect for special occasions.